Re: Partial signatures on the Via header

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021, at 07:30, Justin Richer wrote:
> Jumping back on the top of the thread to summarize the next steps:
>
> This was some pretty clear and strong feedback, thanks everyone for
> providing it. The editors will add a note about this header to the
> security considerations section (namely, saying that it can’t really be
> relied on) but will neither put a normative requirement nor a
> special-cased field to support it.

I think maybe you want a simple note, with Via only referenced as an example.  That is:

Any field that might be added to or altered by an intermediary might cause signatures to become invalid. This might be the case for Via, Forwarded-For, and CDN-Loop (or pick your own favourite examples).