RE: Partial signatures on the Via header

> I meant that's how it's used when it's used, not that it was required.

I understand that. But I'm not seeing a use case where it's reliable, unless control of intermediaries (intranet) is guaranteed. If the goal of your draft is robust messaging over the open Internet, I think you're barking up the wrong tree by signing Via headers, even *if* you could make it required.

I've only ever coded Via headers as an exercise in protocol pedantry, as a placeholder for accomplishing something useful down the road. But even validating messages between an origin server and a front-end cache on the same network can be achieved by other means. Via's nice in theory, but useless in practice...

-Eric