Re: More on allowed field characters

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 03:53:08PM +1000, Martin Thomson wrote:
> >   Even though HPACK is capable of carrying field names or values that
> >   are not valid in HTTP, HTTP/2 implementations MUST NOT emit names
> >   nor values that include characters disallowed by [HTTP].
>
> That would be fine with me (s/emit/generate/), apart from it being somewhat
> redundant with HTTP.

I know but when you see certain stuff like gRPC which try to be very
intimate with H2 without real consideration for upper layers, you figure
that if H2 is considered as convenient for some uses, it makes sense to
remind certain important points that can definitely cause interoperability
issues.

Cheers,
Willy