Re: Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-06: (with COMMENT)

Hi Martin,

> On 21 Aug 2021, at 4:16 am, Martin Duke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> wrote:
>
> I'm disappointed that there isn't an end-to-end connection option to request
> this field. It would be a useful mode for intermediaries to only include this
> field on request for performance reasons (as IIUC this is mainly about
> debugging).

That doesn't follow current practice, and experience has shown that introducing negotiation mechanisms introduces complexity, which can harm interoperability and security. If one becomes necessary, we can always layer it in later.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/