Re: UDP source ports for HTTP/3 and QUIC

Adding source ports to Fetch to complement their list of "bad" destination ports is interesting, but probably not sufficient -- NAT and CGNAT vendors tend not to read that document.

If we believe both that this should be written down and that more reflection-capable applications are going to emerge, we should probably put this information in a registry.

It strikes me that it could be done by adding a column to the port registry <https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/>. In other words, TSVWG. Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/