Re: UDP source ports for HTTP/3 and QUIC

Chrome doesn't plan on having multiple connections share a UDP source port.
In part because sharing would require the overhead of client connection
IDs, but mainly the fact that switching away from the
one-port-per-connection model we have today is work towards solving a
problem that we don't have.

Back to Mark's original email, I think there's value in writing an RFC to
document this behavior - that way clients can have code that requests a
different source port from the OS if it initially assigns one that is
likely to be blocked by servers. And while modifying NATs is a long game,
RFCs do tend to move the needle over time.

David