Re: HTTP request validation guidelines for implementers

Am 09.07.2021 um 19:51 schrieb João Penteado:
> 2. If the most servers out there adopt the same validation order, clients will
> gain additional information unavailable before. If, for instance, every server
> checks URI length before checking payload size, and I get a "413 Request Entity
> Too Large" error, I would know for sure that my URI length is fine and all the
> previous checks passed successfully.

You lost me here.

If a client sends both a too large URI *and* a too large request body,
why does it matter in practice which one is reported first? At the end
of the day, to fix the issue, both problems need to be resolved, no?

Best regards, Julian