Re: digest-headers-04: which digest is in the trailer?

Hey Dmitri,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:06 PM Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@litespeedtech.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the case where the digest is included in the trailer (Section 10.11
> [1]), it may be beneficial for the client to know *which* digest the
> server plans to include in the trailer.  This way, the client, too, can
> calculate it in the streaming manner.  I wonder whether this use case
> has been considered.

The use case probably has been considered but I'm not sure there is a
simple solution that can already solve it. If someone knows HTTP-fu and
wants to propose a valid way to do it with existing mechanisms, we could
incorporate it into the example. Failing that, I think a new header,
defined in a standalone document would be path forward.

FWIW draft-thomson-http-mice-03 seems like it was part way to a solution [1]

Cheers
Lucas

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http-mice-03#section-4.1