Re: Cache control in trailers?

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 11:41:13AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> Willy Tarreau writes:
> > On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 10:42:17AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > > The problem with trailers has always been that people get hung up over the
> > > marginal potential speedups if we allow things to "change later".
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What "marginal potential speedups" are you talking about ?
>
> For instance having one Cache-Control in the headers and then wanting to
> modify that with a new one in Trailers ?

But it's not about a marginal speed up here, it's about a server not being
certain whether it wants its data to be cached or not until they're complete
(think about data being assembled from multiple web service requests), and
preferring to first ask that this response is *not* cached as-is until it
can confirm it was entirely successful with a trailer. I think this totally
makes sense.

Willy