Re: Removals from HTTP/2

From: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:30:58 +1000
To: "Willy Tarreau" <w@1wt.eu>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Thu, Apr 22, 2021, at 16:01, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Both look good to me. The second one will have to drop its first chunk once
> the first one is merged (since it describes priority across Upgrade).

Yeah, fixing that should be simple enough.

> Given the deprecation of the PRIORITY frames and the explicit mention of
> the lack of a better alternative, should we add a specific warning that
> these frames must not be reused for experimental purposes as they may still
> be consumed by servers ?

We're pointing to the new priority draft, which uses a different frame type.  Do you think it worthwhile saying "frames with this type cannot be reassigned different semantics?"  Technically you can negotiate different format or semantics for any frame; in practice, this is probably a terrible idea and so we'd look to discourage that.