Re: Removals from HTTP/2

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 08:01:17 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hi Martin,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 02:49:30PM +1000, Martin Thomson wrote:
> In both cases, the sense was that people wanted to see specific text and have
> time to review the changes.  Pull requests have been available for a while,
> though they weren't advertised here:
>
> Upgrade: https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/820
> PRIORITY: https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/795

Both look good to me. The second one will have to drop its first chunk once
the first one is merged (since it describes priority across Upgrade).

Given the deprecation of the PRIORITY frames and the explicit mention of
the lack of a better alternative, should we add a specific warning that
these frames must not be reused for experimental purposes as they may still
be consumed by servers ?

Willy