Re: 0-RTT Design for HTTP/2

Hi Willy,

Good point.  I've tried to capture this in https://github.com/martinthomson/h2-0rtt/issues/2

> Just a point however, my understanding then is that EARLY_DATA_SETTINGS
> isn't properly named. The purpose is not as much to send settings using
> early data as it is to persist settings across connections. What about
> PERSISTENT_SETTINGS instead ? Use of early data here is just a byproduct
> of not having to wait for the server settings, and even requests can be
> sent over early data in this case.

I considered that, but it deliberately only says that it applies to early data.  There is a whole discussion about how this doesn't work for resumption in https://martinthomson.github.io/h2-0rtt/draft-thomson-httpbis-h2-0rtt.html#name-use-for-resumption - at least in the general case.

Cheers,
Martin