Re: Call for Adoption: SEARCH method

From: Martin Thomson <mt@lowentropy.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:15:10 +1100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Thu, Nov 19, 2020, at 17:06, Julian Reschke wrote:
> That is solved my moving the "query" into the payload; but then, the
> normalization question just applies to a different part of the request.

Isn't it the case that in doing so the payload format is able to deal with things like normalization?

That is, if I were to use a JSON-based format a SEARCH containing { "a": true, "b": 1 } might be treated differently from { "b": 1, "a": true } in some cases, but not if the format were to say that order doesn't matter.

Now that I've written that out I realize that a better example might be differing whitespace in the different bodies.