Re: Call for Adoption: SEARCH method

+1 ...

XML may not be everyone's cup of tea but there is continuing not
insignificant usage on todays web (ex. aws ec2 command default uses
xml 'under the covers' and there are many, widely deployed machine to
machine systems using XML which may want to leverage SEARCH method
differently then webdav) ... not arguing the merits/non merits of any
data format ... I feel strongly that restricting a data format usage
into the future seems overly constraining.

Generally I  see the attraction of piggybacking on top of existing
WEBDAV rfc though curious what a standalone rfc defining a SRCH method
might look like.

cheers, Jim Fuller