Re: How to express no matching results in HTTP SEARH method?

That certainly has been the intent to this point, yes, and it's what
I'd like to see. Anything else can be done as a separate piece of
work.

For instance, for something like a "don't repeat this search" for
N-seconds, one can make use of 425 Too Early responses, or 429 Too
Many Requests responses with a Retry-After header. There's no reason
that existing mechanisms would not work, or to think that something
specific to SEARCH needs to be hashed out.