Re: How to express no matching results in HTTP SEARH method?

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 06:35:47 -0800
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
That certainly has been the intent to this point, yes, and it's what
I'd like to see. Anything else can be done as a separate piece of
work.

For instance, for something like a "don't repeat this search" for
N-seconds, one can make use of 425 Too Early responses, or 429 Too
Many Requests responses with a Retry-After header. There's no reason
that existing mechanisms would not work, or to think that something
specific to SEARCH needs to be hashed out.