Re: How to express no matching results in HTTP SEARH method?

--------
Julian Reschke writes:
> Am 04.11.2020 um 14:24 schrieb Poul-Henning Kamp:

> > It might be a good idea to hash out a couple of general mechanisms
> > in the spec, to provide mechanisms for traffic/load-engineering,
> > at the very least something like "Dont-repeat-this-SEARCH: <seconds>" ?
>
> That's all very interesting, but why is this relevant now, but not for
> existing uses of POST we want to replace?

Because this is the century of the fruitbat, and we're trying to do a better
job than back in the dark ages where things were just slapped together ?

Because SEARCH has much narrower and therefore more manageable semantics
than POST, which can literally be and do anything ?