Re: Call for Adoption: SEARCH method

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 12:07:03PM +1100, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> As discussed in the October 202 Interim, this is a Call for Adoption for the
> HTTP SEARCH method draft:
>   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-search-method-02
>
> Please indicate whether you support adoption in response to this e-mail;

This looks reasonable to me. I do have a few concerns about how
implementations will behave in front of it, which definitely justify
that it's adopted and proposed by the WG (e.g. non-cacheability of the
method: what if a cache doesn't recognize the method and caches by
default?).

> information about intent to implement (or use) it is also useful.

I'm not in a situation where I'll need to do anything to use/implement
it as it should be transparent.

Cheers,
Willy