Re: Structured Fields: whitespace in binary content

> On 29 Oct 2020, at 4:59 am, Nick Harper <nharper@google.com> wrote:
>
> Another option is to use a line-folding strategy from RFC 8792 instead of using the obsolete line folding from section 3.2.4 of RFC 7230.

That's a good point; I forgot about that option.

To do this, I think we'd have to say that it uses both obsolete HTTP line folding *and* 8792 folding (which would be applied first), because lots of folks already use obsolete line folding in their specs (and might even want to do so in the same example).

See:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1319/commits/fe6b4bc5
for an example of what this would look like in a spec.

This is now supported (and the above PR validates) in rfc-http-validate 0.1.3.

Thoughts? I'm particularly interested in the opinions of Annabelle and Justin (CC:ed), since this affects their spec most immediately.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/