Re: H2 vs responses which should not carry any payload

Willy,

You describe having a semantic layer that can have H1 or H2 either side.
So let's consider the case of H1->Poxy->H2.  In this case if the server
gives you a body to a 204/304 response or a HEAD request, then you have no
way of passing them back to the client  - as it breaks H1.  You must filter
them in that case in your semantic layer, thus it would make sense to me to
also filter them in the H2->Proxy>H2 case.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com