Re: Is HTTP/1.0 still relevant?

JFYI: current version BysyBox httpd web server for embedded devices uses
HTTP/1.0. If you are using Ubuntu you can run it locally `busybox httpd -h
/var/www -p 8080`.
But in the next release it will be upgraded to HTTP/1.1.
Chrome doesn't send cache validation headers like If-Modified-Since and
If-None-Match if previously it received the page with old HTTP/1.0.

If you are just implementing a web server then you can only implement
HTTP/1.1. It was released in 1999 and all clients support it. Even if a
client receives a header that it doesn't know it will ignore it.

--
Sergey Ponomarev <https://linkedin.com/in/stokito>, skype:stokito