Re: Digests: deprecating parameters?

Il giorno mar 18 ago 2020 alle ore 17:24 Poul-Henning Kamp
<phk@phk.freebsd.dk> ha scritto:
> > Can be a solution, but how can we express this field-value with
> > structured headers?
> >
> > Digest: sha-256=ababbababab;q=1,  sha-512=bfbfbfbfbf
>
> almost exactly the way you did (with OWS for clarity):
>
>         Digest: sha-256 = :ababbababab=: ; q=1 , sha-512 = :bfbfbfbfbf==:
>
> sf-binary is there for precisely a use-case like this.

While I like sf-binary, actual digest-algorithms define their own serialization
method (in this case it's accidentally the same of structured headers) but other
algorithms use eg. integer.

To support SF we could say that digest-algorithms like sha-256 and
sha-512 should be supported
in both sf-binary and the traditional token format.

I don't know if this can bring confusion or not though.

R: