Re: HTTP/2 GREASE, Results, and Implications

Hi David,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 03:05:16PM -0400, David Benjamin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 1:18 PM Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 01:08:53PM -0400, Bence Béky wrote:
> > > Thanks, Willy, for pointing out the different sections of RFC7540
> > > concerning unknown frame types.  It seems to me that for the past few
> > days
> > > Chrome (on certain channels) has been sending frames on half-closed
> > > (remote) streams.  It might be worth fixing that and re-running the
> > > experiment.  I'll circle back with results if we end up doing that.
> >
> > OK. I have a pending patch ready for testing on the haproxy front which
> > addresses this mismatch. The only thing is that chrome beta doesn't seem
> > to be available on linux so I constantly have to bother other people for
> > testing, which takes time :-/
> >

> Chrome beta (also dev channel) should be available on Linux. See
> https://www.google.com/chrome/beta/?platform=linux. (Or if you've already
> gotten the apt repository added, I believe the google-chrome-beta package
> should work.) It also uses a separate profile directory, so it won't
> conflict with your usual install. Hopefully that'll ease testing.

Sorry I used the wrong word. The beta I download there is 78.something
and does not match the latest one Yves was running (80 something). I
tried it already and it doesn't fail. I also found "chrome dev" which
is 79.something and doesn't present the problem either. When I go to
the "chrome canary" link, it clearly says in the middle of the screen
"we do not support linux". So for now I can't test, that's pretty sad :-/

Willy