Re: HTTP/2 GREASE, Results, and Implications

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 1:18 PM Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 01:08:53PM -0400, Bence Béky wrote:
> > Thanks, Willy, for pointing out the different sections of RFC7540
> > concerning unknown frame types.  It seems to me that for the past few
> days
> > Chrome (on certain channels) has been sending frames on half-closed
> > (remote) streams.  It might be worth fixing that and re-running the
> > experiment.  I'll circle back with results if we end up doing that.
>
> OK. I have a pending patch ready for testing on the haproxy front which
> addresses this mismatch. The only thing is that chrome beta doesn't seem
> to be available on linux so I constantly have to bother other people for
> testing, which takes time :-/

Chrome beta (also dev channel) should be available on Linux. See
https://www.google.com/chrome/beta/?platform=linux. (Or if you've already
gotten the apt repository added, I believe the google-chrome-beta package
should work.) It also uses a separate profile directory, so it won't
conflict with your usual install. Hopefully that'll ease testing.