Re: Redirection to Other IP Addresses

Hi Felix,

What you described is exactly what my company (you probably already figured
out that I work for a CDN company)
is providing to our customers today. The problems are:
1. In your example, the first host "cdn.com" is the CDN customer's
hostname. They usually can't provide us with a "*.geo.cdn.com" wildcard
cert. Some of them requires EV certificate, which does not even support
wildcard.
2. Cookies are often targeting a specific hostname. We can't ask all our
customer to change the business logic of their web application to make sure
all cookies are targeting the entire domain.

Hope this helps. Any more questions?

Bin

--

Bin Ni
VP of Engineering

Connecting users with content...it's that simple.

Office: +1-888-847-9851 <(888)%20847-9851>

[image: Tweeter] <https://twitter.com/Team_Quantil>  [image: Google Plus]
<https://plus.google.com/+Quantil_team/>  [image: Linked In]