Re: Interoping draft 20 HTTP/3

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019, 11:03 , <dtikhonov@litespeedtech.com> wrote:

> What are the QPACK issues that need addressing?  To the best of my
> knowledge, there are no outstanding QPACK issues whose resolution would
> effect changes in implementation.

There's a balance between impact of change on code, and the impact on
interop. So the obvious one that sticks out to me is #2371 - assign QPACK
error codes. This was agreed in Tokyo but no PR emerged.

If we decide to interop on this area we will waste time self defining
codes. Or worse, let the tail wag the dog and avoid doing this bit.

To be clear, I think several things that remaining open are low hanging
fruit. I'm keen to push us over the line before the draft 20 is cut.

I appreciate we are yet to hold HTTPbis this week. And I dont want to tread
on the editors' toes. I just get a little sad that HTTP/3 is somewhat the
lesser-loved middle child. I'm happy to roll up my sleeves to help out.

Lucas