Re: Activity Identifiers - Draft Submission

From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 11:05:45 -0400
To: Scott Perham <scott@polystream.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi Scott.

> I'm unsure of the processes involved in highlighting this to the
appropriate people and beginning a discussion, s

welcome. Rest assured that this mailing list is the right forum to see if
there is broad interest in your idea. (Its my co-chair job to tell you if
you're off topic - you're just fine. thanks for engaging.)

you might look at how it intersects at all with other ongoing efforts
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions

protips: as an IETF convention you might name future updates
draft-perham-httpbis-activity-identifiers.. as some IETF tooling will flag
an individual draft with httpbis in its name as of potential interest to
the wg - but that's just a convention and not used by everyone. and lastly,
providing some substantive discussion in email rather than just a pointer
to the draft is more likely imo to get noticed. again, ymmv.

-Patrick