Re: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpbis-07-00: (with COMMENT)

Hi Mirja,

On 10 Nov 2018, at 5:52 pm, Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> wrote:

> First an editorial one: should it be "HTTP/2 Revision" instead of "HTTP/1.1
> Revision", or maybe just "HTTP Revision(s)"?

The documents that refers to are the HTTP/1.1 document set, although many of them will emerge as just "HTTP...".

> Then regarding the HTTP and QUIC part. I found it a bit weird and probably also
> unecessary to mention review intentions in the charter.

They're mentioned in the QUIC charter, so it seemed good to mirror them here.

> However, I guess we
> need at some point to discuss what to do with HTTP/3 after the QUIC group has
> finsihed their mapping document. Is the intention to do another re-charter
> then? Should we then maybe just wait until we have a better plan before we say
> anything about this in ther httpbis charter?

The chairs discussed this and I thought we'd agreed on some text, but I see that hasn't made it into datatracker; Alexey?

> The timing doesn't seem to be
> optional for me here but I assume the recharter is coming up because H2 is
> basically done...?

We realised that the charter was pretty out-of-date, and this initiated before we had the discussion about maintenance of the QUIC HTTP documents.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/