Re: HTTP redirect for HTTP Adaptive Streaming (HAS) in CDN use cases

Hi Ori,

As Chair:
Thanks for the draft and the note.. please submit any/all drafts to the
datatracker as soon as it reopens (which I believe is Monday morning).

As far as I understand your topic, your primary concern is that you are
looking for a clarification on what the base URI used to resolve a relative
URI is when there has been a redirect involved.. specifically in your case
the relative URI is in a manifest file and the manifest was obtained via
302 - is the base URI from the original manifest URI or the one that was
given in the 302 location?

Given that a major focus of our meeting will be on http-core, and this
seems like a clarification of core semantics let's just discuss it there.
Mark and I have huddled and we think
https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/38 seems like the right place.
We'll have discussion time at the meeting and of course, the list is always
a fine place for that kind of discussion too.

As Individual:

* its against the terminal (i.e. redirected) uri - though I had trouble
finding language to quote on it.. so some guidance seems like a good idea
at first glance

* alternative services might also fit your use case - rfc 7838 .. in
particular they have better fallback behavior if you want to revert to the
original URI in case of reachability.

-Patrick