Re: Questiona about timezones

Hi Grahame,

This has come up a few times. While getting it into Web browsers would be difficult (thanks to the inherent privacy issues, as well as the existence of other solutions), defining it for non-browser applications simplifies the problem somewhat, and based on the number of times it's come up, might see some take-up.

Personally, I like the proposal in:
  http://www.w3.org/mid/DBDF1A48B00F2042B20953D2ACE4968806A0ADE526@sha-exch14.shared.ifeltd.com

If you (or someone else) wanted to sketch out a proposal in an Internet-Draft, we could discuss it and decide whether there's consensus to adopt.

That said, the gating factor is likely to be finding someone who's willing to put in the work of editing a document. If we can find people to help in that process, would you be willing to do so?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/