Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-cache-header-00.txt

On 09/10/2018 03:24 AM, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:

> Also agree that the "ERROR" cache-action seems redundant given that we already
> have ways to signal errors with status codes.

The client receives only one status code. While working on the client
request, the proxy may encounter _and_ work around both internal and
external errors, responding with 200 (OK). Today, such encounters and
workarounds are sometimes reflected in super-actions like
MISS_REFRESH_FAIL_OLD. It would be much better to list them as
individual (failed) actions with individual error details.

Alex.