Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-cache-header-00.txt

On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 04:44:46PM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> FYI; IMO it's past time to standardise x-cache and have a real spec for it.
>
> This is a straw-man, based on a bit of research on existing implementations.
>
> Pretty version at:
>   https://mnot.github.io/I-D/cache-header/
>
> Comments? I think the primary audience here is proxy cache and CDN vendors, and their users.

This seems like a useful thing. Now to the bikeshedding: "Cache" seems a bit
too generic to me, "Cache-Status" maybe?

Also agree that the "ERROR" cache-action seems redundant given that we already
have ways to signal errors with status codes.

Cheers