Re: resourceTiming.nextHopProtocol reports"hq" - is that ok?

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 13/03/18 16:56, Ryan Hamilton wrote:
> For informing the recipient of any additional versions of QUIC which the
> sender supports. At present it could be referring to older Drafts which
> are still supported (but not preferred), and after RFC publication to
> different versions of the "hq" protocol (if any).

Everything Amos said here.  Remember that there are two versions in
play here: QUIC and HTTP over QUIC.  And using "hq" camps on a value
we intend to use.  If Google are indeed using it, then it might
already be unrecoverable, but that depends on how thoroughly it can be
removed.

If this use of "hq" continues - even in part - then we'll have to pick
a different value for HTTP over QUIC.

The actual ALPN that Google QUIC uses is unlikely to matter in the
long term, but I would use hq-00, even if it has diverged from that
since the -00 drafts went out.