Re: New Version Notification for draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic-00.txt

Hi Ben (et al) -

Just an update.  Still working on getting our test up and running, just
need to fight through some issues we ran into with our proxy as an alt
service.  Browser and origin seem to be doing what we need.

While we have a punch list of things to check, the main one is whether
our transparent proxy (alt service) needs to host a certificate for the
origin.  I suspect we will be able to get the proxy to forward one from
the origin, if necessary, but need to be sure.

The reason for my concern about the alt service having an origin cert is
that RFC 7838 says:
>     Importantly, this includes its security context; in particular, when
>     TLS [RFC5246 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5246>] is used to authenticate, the alternative service will
>     need to present a certificate for the origin's host name, not that of
>     the alternative.
Assuming we make this work, we will have another use-case for SNI alt
services.  Should know soon.

/lou

[snip]

--