Re: Clarification on Alternative Service Connection Failures

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Ryan Hamilton <rch@google.com> wrote:
>

>> ​One more thought. Should non-idempotent requests be resent in the case
>> where an alternative 500s?​
>>

> The answer is the same whether or not there is an alternate.  The
> alternates are semantically equivalent to each other.

It's true that they're semantically equivalent. Totally with you.

But pre-Alt-Svc we would never automatically retry an even idempotent
request on receipt ​of a 5xx. But I think you're suggesting that it in an
Alt-Svc world, that might be something a browser would do?