Re: 425 (Too Early)

So, I poked a couple of implementations to see if they'd remove 418's "teapot" semantics, and there was a reaction (to put it mildly).

I think we need to reserve 418 to make it clear it can't be used for the foreseeable future; when we did BIS, it was asserted that it wasn't necessary to do so, but we were either seriously misinformed, or there's been a lot of implementation of HTCPCP in the meantime.

That means we need to instruct IANA to change its status to "Reserved" , e.g.:
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-thanks-larry-00

... although it'd be MUCH easier if we could just instruct IANA directly. Alexey, the registry is "IETF Review" -- is there any way we can make this kind of update without publishing an RFC?

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/