Re: Geolocation header

I'm not proposing a new permission or setting. The idea is consolidating
with the existing JS geolocation permission for a certain origin. Otherwise
I agree this would create a new vector.

An alternative version of this proposal through client hints would not even
have the ability to ask for permission, and clients would only send the
location to a site that has already permissions granted (through the JS api
in the past). Geolocation-Request header would go away from the proposal.

This means that if you go NoScript then you would not even be able to get a
permission prompt ever from JS, so you'd never attach this Geolocation
header.

This way, it is not opening a new vector for attack. This new Geolocation
header would only be sent to a site if that site was already in a situation
where it could get location through JS at anytime (because permission was
already granted to that origin). And the permission for the new header is
in sync with the JS geolocation API, which any user agent should expose in
settings - and let the user change the decision for any site at anytime
<https://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#privacy_for_uas>.

Regarding use-cases, and why this is not limited to mobiles or irrelevant
use cases:
- On desktop browsers can also expose precise location through JS API,
using wifi-based location (not ip-based). All main browsers already do that.
- Search-like services, news, media-content, social networks (a huge chunk
of internet traffic), and the internet as a whole would certainly benefit
from a solution that reduces 2 roundtrips to 1 roundtrip when the user is
Ok to send location to a site in order to get a local experience.

Getting a local experience seems quite far from censorship in my opinion.