Re: Geolocation header

On 03.08.2017 09:29, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> I find that the level of control offered by browsers to me as a user
> seems to decrease over time. I can understand why that's the case,
> esp. on mobiles, but am not keen on that.
mobiles are the only which have a legal use case; and these is specific
to a small part of apps from the whole "app universe"

just think of an app showing you the times of the next public offer of
transport near to your position/location ...

but for these special use cases there is no need of an extra header ...

> Personally, I do consider web sites wanting to know my location as an
> attack on my privacy in almost all cases. I realise that's uncommon
> and that some people say they like being tracked. I don't know what
> the general population think about this, as I suspect they just take
> whatever defaults browsers choose and click ok, if not the first time,
> then eventually.
Exact these are my thoughts ...