Re: Skipping DNS resolutions with ORIGIN frame

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Erik Nygren <erik+ietf@nygren.org> wrote:

authenticated origin (where DNS was followed initially to receive the
> Alt-Svc)
> saying that connections to cdn.example.net can safely coalesce as long as
> there is cert coverage.
> ie, if the cert presented when connecting to cdn.example.net and sending
> SNI="www.example.com" covers "www.example.com", or if such a cert
> is pushed via Secondary Certificates down the road.

following DNS and SNI even once removes the pro-privacy attributes of
ORIGIN; or do I misunderstand the proposal? If we were going to go in that
direction it might be easier to define some kind of "h2='originframe'"
attestation from alt-svc, but again - bootstrapping alt-svc has the name
leak so I don't think its a great idea.