Re: The future of forward proxy servers in an http/2 over TLS world

> On 17 Feb 2017, at 12:14, nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net wrote:
>
> So there *is* blocking at the gateway level, there *will* *be* blocking at the gateway level, the question is not whether this blocking should exist or not, but if the user experience can be made less miserable than it is today [...]

..Following up with with 10 minutes of open stage enthusiastic standing ovation.

I support this description of the state of things, and the conclusion.
Let's remember that there's not only browsers: HTTP is taking over the role of transport for most remaining holdouts of other mechanisms for sever-to-server inter-organisation message passing. In this use-case the user interface is obviously much less of an issue (if at all), but the use-case for to a centralised HTTP L7 forward control point is very much there.

I've had several conversations with UA contributors over this, and from what I recall everyone agrees that the presentation side of things is the most critical aspect; I hope this thread will renew interest in finding a solution, ideally shared so to give end-users the least surprise.

	Francesco Chemolli (kinkie)
	Squid