Re: status of rfc6265bis?

Currently all the major browser engines agree and return the quotes as part
of the cookie, which seems to be what the spec says (DQUOTEs are part of
the cookie value). Most servers seem to work fine with this behavior and no
one knows what will break if browsers start handling this differently.

Browsers also allow, and some web applications use, spaces and UTF-8
sequences in cookies which are technically not valid cookie-octets; we
should probably make this part of the spec match reality if we can figure
out what that is.

-Dan Veditz