Re: Change to padding in encryption -- enabling random access

On 30 January 2017 at 16:44, Manger, James
<James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com> wrote:
> How about a flag in the padding delimiter byte that, if set, means there is no padding in earlier records?

It was always my thought that this sort of signal could be carried out
of band even more easily.  Indicating to a random access reader that
padding is always at the end achieves the goal without increasing
per-record complexity anywhere.

> Typo in PR #283:
> ✗ "all other octets have a padding delimiter with the value 1"
> ✓ "all other records have a padding delimiter with the value 1"

Thanks.