Re: making up new header field syntax...

On 2017-06-29 13:50, Mike West wrote:
> Because I secretly expect to move back to JSON at some point in the
> future, I'd prefer to require quoted-string, as that seems
> forward-compatible with treating the header as a list of valid JSON
> objects. That is, `Header: value, value, value` would explode in a JSON
> parser, while `Header: "value", "value", "value"` would not.

Oh, what a cunning plan - now it makes perfect sense :-)

But be aware that if you write

  "value"

in ABNF, it also matches "Value", "VALUE, "vALUE" etc - something you
likely do not want in this case.

So you may have to invoke the ABNF-Extension defined in
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7405>. Example in
<https://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7838.html#rfc.section.3>:
"clear" production.

Best regards, Julian