Re: HTTP profile for TLS 1.3 0-RTT early data?

Hi Martin,

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 09:53:19AM +1000, Martin Thomson wrote:
> (As for Willy's concern, maybe consider the request "incomplete" until
> the handshake completes, even if it is not.)

It's really not easy given that the L7 layer is fed by a decrypted data
stream of bytes, and notified about progress when new bytes appear.
Furthermore, today we have many people who split TLS decryption and
L7 processing into different processes in order to optimize latency
so the L7 process has no visibility on the TLS layer after it receives
the request.

And we're back to the original point : if we do this for all requests,
we're just doing 1-RTT 100% of the time in the end.

Right now it *seems* to me that 0-RTT is very interesting in theory,
possibly interesting in some specific client-to-server deployments, and
practically not usable in multi-tier architectures due to the absence of
end-to-end signaling. But I'm convinced we can improve the situation :-)

Willy