Re: Unicode escape sequence | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-00, unicode range

--------
In message <CACweHNDKgWQewZHb=Kz3_2=41M58sY5472Q5OwpqPLxorvkzHQ@mail.gmail.com>
, Matthew Kerwin writes:

>If we're looking for inspiration elsewhere, why not C99?
>
>      "\" %x75 1*4HEXDIG
>    / "\" %x55 1*6HEXDIG  ; C99 accepts 1*8

The variable length means these run into the mess of "what if the
next character is a hex digit?".

That's a much bigger issue when we're talking about code spitting
out strings than when it is programmers typing them in.

I would prefer to make them fixed length:

	"\" "u" 4HEXDIG
	"\" "U" 6HEXDIG