Re: Comments on draft-stark-expect-ct-00

Cloudflare is considering using this header in report-only mode to help
identify issues in our CT-stapling infrastructure. This data will help us
with future CT decisions.

We would naturally expect report-only and enforce mode to have the same
semantics, which includes caching. Although our CT-stapling and
header-adding infrastructures are de-coupled, there is a use case for
caching report-only headers: load balancing. Our connections are load
balanced, so subsequent connections may not end up on the same server as
the previous connection. Cached enforcement headers would help us catch
issues where both the CT-stapling configuration and the header-adding
configuration failed to run on a server. With caching, it's more likely
that a
that server with a broken CT config will end up handling resumed connection
from a user agent that had previously connected to a properly-configured
server that that had set the header.

Nick