Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-site-wide-headers-01.txt

FYI, updated draft.

Prettier (and latest) version available at:
  https://mnot.github.io/I-D/site-wide-headers/ <https://mnot.github.io/I-D/site-wide-headers/>

Biggest change in this revision is restricting site-wide headers to a whitelist + a prefix ("site-"). Feedback appreciated.

I talked to a number of folks about this in Seoul, and it seems like some potential implementers have a preference for a header-based approach, rather than creating a JSON data structure with semantics that diverge from headers.

This is my gut feeling too, but it could be that they were agreeing with me because I was there. Another approach is suggested by Mike West here:
  https://wicg.github.io/origin-policy/ <https://wicg.github.io/origin-policy/>

More than anything, I'd like to have a discussion about this and see if we can move forward, in one direction or another (I don't think the differences between the proposals represent insurmountable hurdles). That's because we continue to have new site-wide mechanisms defined, e.g.:
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stark-expect-ct <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stark-expect-ct>

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/