Re: Encryption simplification

On 2016-10-30 19:18, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <CABkgnnWVB3mnkGn9OmvgmLU7yDww40OQ_0pp_HeNdziqGYA0og@mail.gmail.com>, Martin Thoms
> on writes:
>

>> The main assertion that this assumes is this: content codings should
>> be self-descriptive.
>
> I think this is the right way to go.  When we discussed this, I had
> to twist my brain silly to come up with examples, and they were all
> clearly strawmen.
>
> I wish we had a pool of "HTTP design principles" somewhere we could
> add decisions like this to, for future reference.

We discussed this in yesterday's WG meeting, and I mentioned that we
could document this in a future revision of the core specs as
consideration for new content codings, and that we should add a gitgub
issue for that.

That said, Poul-Henning already opened one last month - see
<https://github.com/httpwg/http11bis/issues/21>.

Best regards, Julian