Re: New Version Notification for draft-vkrasnov-h2-compression-dictionaries-01.txt

On 3 November 2016 at 12:54, Kazuho Oku <kazuhooku@gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I wonder if the approach could be adjusted to using a
> shared compression context between the DATA frames of multiple
> streams. Doing that way, the draft would become more attractive to
> other use-cases (e.g. JSON API in microservices) where many tiny
> such, a server could still use the trailing part of a pre-compressed
> file, by locking down the response being transmitted to that
> particular one.

I think that this is a better approach.  Treat this like a transfer
coding.  That gives you a lot more flexibility and it doesn't mess
with the representation in ways that might be surprising.

If you want to interact with content codings, make it a content
coding.  At that point, it would be better to make this HTTP version
agnostic, in the same way that SDCH is.  But then you are just
defining a variation on SDCH.