Re: WiSH: A General Purpose Message Framing over Byte-Stream Oriented Wire Protocols (HTTP)

On 10/25/2016 11:54 AM, Takeshi Yoshino wrote:
> <snip>
> Oh, sorry for being unclear. I meant that we'll use
> "application/subprotocol+webstream". I.e. introducing +webstream as a
> new media type suffix.

Ah!

OK I have no problem with that.

> <snip>
>     * By the way, don't know if consistency is desirable, by maybe
>     calling it application/web-stream is better. Maybe not.
>

> Could you please elaborate the proposal?

I mean there's already text/event-stream, so application/webstream is
not consistent with it (missing the dash). But maybe it doesn't matter.

>     * The HEAD method behaves as usual. The PUT method is probably not
>     compatible with doing this. PATCH and DELETE are not compatible AFAIK.
>

> I'm feeling that we should just limit the scope of the proposal to GET
> and POST.

Sounds good to me.

Thanks for the great work! I look forward to implementing this.

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu