Re: WebSocket2

On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 04:40:11PM +0300, Kari Hurtta wrote:
> Ilari Liusvaara <ilariliusvaara@welho.com>: (Sun Oct  2 15:43:46 2016)
> > On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 02:10:32PM +0300, Kari Hurtta wrote:
> > > Ilari Liusvaara <ilariliusvaara@welho.com>: (Sun Oct  2 13:15:48 2016)

> > > Hmm. Was reason why
> > >
> > > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hirano-httpbis-websocket-over-http2-01
> > >
> > > used SETTINGS frame with SETTINGS_WEBSOCKET_CAPABLE parameter ?
> > > Seems not mention that reason.
> > >
> > > That means that server needs send SETTINGS_WEBSOCKET_CAPABLE = 1
> > > to client indicating that server handles :scheme = ws
> > > ( and on that draft SETTINGS_WEBSOCKET_CAPABLE = 1
> > >   was sent from client to server. )
> >
> > Well, I think the following would work and avoid SETTINGS:
> >
> > -> :method ws2
> > -> :scheme wss
> > -> :authority foo.example
> > -> :path /bar
> > -> <optional extra parameters, e.g. compression support>
> > <- :status 200
> > <- sec-ws2-ack 1
> > <- <optional negotiated extras>
>
> If we can also assume that proxy does not ignore
>    :method = ws2
>    :scheme = ws
> then this may work.

Oh yeah, that only works against dodgily implemented origins, not WS2-
unsupporting proxies (that do something else than just realtime
forwarding of unknown methods).

If one is worried about the latter, one would need the SETTING then
(one only needs to have server end signal support, since it is a
capability server has that client may or may not use)..

-Ilari